How do we tackle these really sensitive topics for kids agree 3-10?
Erin has developed an A.S.D. friendly book called Surviving Earth: A Guide for Earth Beings that safely introduces young children to concepts like:
Kids then get up and use their new super human moves!
You really have to see this fun, play environment to believe it is actually teaching serious physical and neurological strategies:
We are A.S.D. friendly:
- short class time
- repetitive strategies
- emotional intelligence strategies
- active learning
- adult expectations left at the door
ASPLEY SHS Grade 8 CAMP TEENS RAVES PROGRAM
It was well paced and tremendously well presented. Some highlights that I particularly enjoyed include;
- The opening relaxation techniques (A couple of the normally over-animated boys in my Year 8 Form class literally fell asleep)
- The interesting philosophy about the needs of young women to respect and support other females
- The encouragement to the students to exercise and volunteer in their community
- The statistics on offences...
- The techniques for self-defence.
Erin's good humour, awesome connection with youth culture and sensitivity when needed, truly inspired and educated me. In fact I would say the program felt like a 'gift' that I would recommend as a PD for teachers or for more of our students to enjoy. As a mother and grandmother, I would truly be happy to pay to have had my daughter or grand daughter do this course.
Aspley SHS Secondary Ed Teacher
How wonderful we thought RAVE was... It was so powerful, so important, and a real confidence booster for those girls. I would value working with RAVES again... It was the highlight of the Year 8 Sleepover.
Head of Department –Junior Secondary
Aspley State High School
My friend and I were taught some great skills and had a lot of fun - such a serious topic but we had lots of laughs. Erin is amazing - she is warm and friendly and is really knowledgeable and experienced, I did this years ago and am glad I did it again - my friend and I are going to try and do this yearly to keep it fresh in our minds.